Join the Team
|Job title:||System Architect|
|Responsible for:||See detailed description below|
TDi is an advisory firm with an agenda: we aim to show that businesses from production to retail, site to shelf, mine to main street – can create long-term value and make a positive difference in people’s lives. TDi combines business consulting expertise, technical knowledge, value chain focus and our sustainability mission to solve complex problems and develop lasting solutions for our clients.
Our track record includes working with the world’s biggest companies and most recognisable brands, as well as lesser-known innovators, entrepreneurs and social enterprises. Our projects include building ESG management systems for investors; the design and application of supply chain due diligence tools and procedures; completing project level non-technical risk assessments and provision of subject matter expertise for sustainability audits; the development of commercialisation strategies for green products and services; and convening, managing and facilitating multi-company and cross-sector initiatives.
To meet demand of our clients, TDi has invested in building in-house expertise to enhance, scale and improve efficiencies of businesses and sustainability initiatives through cloud-based technology. Our solutions rapidly connect critical actors, streamlines business and administrative processes and automate data processing and reporting.
We offer capacity to turn assurance projects, considered by many businesses to be complicated and time consuming, into a core, continuing business risk management function. Over the last few years, we we’ve been building platforms for sustainability initiatives and standards setting organisations and due diligence tools for our clients.
TDi Sustainability (TDi) is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, smart, curious, and detail-oriented System Architect, starting immediately, to join it’s TDi Digital team. TDi is seeking a professional interested and experienced in IT Software Design/Solutions Architect and familiar with Python, Django, WordPress, Figma and Github.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Identify next very concrete steps to develop two cloud-based products:
- Sustainability assurance scheme management system
- Supply chain (integrated) due diligence management system
- Oversee the work of TDi’ in-house full stack developer
- Review our products from an architecture solutions point of view
- Develop a strategy/plan
- Review the concept and potential inputs for our products
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of end-to-end solution/technical design
- Responsible for leading the capture and interpretation of user and system requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the solution/design process is adhered to during all phases of project delivery
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and user requirements that are capable of being effectively managed in service
- Overview, support, and design improvements for current TDi Digital platforms and tools
- Support with the conceptualisation and development of a new platform TDi Sustainability has been working on.
- Support with the development of standards platforms for internal and external clients.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to provide understanding of the planned solution and identify possible impact on Service
- Oversee in-house developer
We are a small team, the members of which work remotely and travel frequently. The applicant will need to be happy working autonomously, managing their own time, prioritising work-load, thinking on their feet, and taking the initiative to ask questions and find solutions to problems.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge
- The candidate must be experienced designing, creating, and delivering end to end solutions/systems using clients’ requirements.
- They must have experience in all phases of project delivery.
- Previous experience in management systems or related sectors is preferable.
- You must have experience and knowledge in a broad range of areas relating to solutions/systems architecture but are not expected to be a subject matter expert. These areas could involve:
- ETL or ELT experience
- Cloud hosting and cloud architectures
- DevSecOps experience
- OpenSource and COTS knowledge
- Systems Engineering Lifecycle – V model
- TOGAF, MODAF, GEOINT, SIGNIT, ACINT, MASINT, OSINT, HUMINT
- 6 years relevant professional work experience;
- Rigour and attention to detail: appetite for thoroughness, thoughtfulness and precision in all things;
- Experience reviewing and managing developers.
What we can offer you:
What we can offer you:
This is a chance to work with and learn from a very experienced team and to lead and contribute to several fascinating, influential and potentially ground-breaking projects in supply chain risk management, responsible sourcing, and impact investing.
- Hours negotiable
- Competitive renumeration, commensurate with experience
- Diverse, exciting and impactful work
- Being part of a dynamic and experienced international team passionate about serving its clients to build successful responsible businesses, and committed to corporate sustainability, human rights and social change
- Very flexible working hours and option for working remotely, globally
- Full benefits package for TDi employees
TDi’s Head Office is located near Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK with satellite offices globally. We have a policy to accommodate remote, flexible and autonomous working arrangements in return for a commitment to extremely high-quality deliverables, working to fulfil project goals, and consistently meeting deadlines. Where the candidate is located is less important than their professional ability, commitment, enthusiasm and personal energy.
Unfortunately, we cannot support work visa applications so you must have permission to work in the country where you intend to work from when you apply.
How to apply:
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION AS PER BELOW WILL BE CONSIDERED.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your CV, a cover letter to Hayley Flack at [email protected] with the email subject heading: “System Architect”. All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled.
By submitting your CV you are consenting to TDi using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by TDi.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.