Join the Team
TDi Sustainability (TDi) in partnership with it's sister organisation The Impact Facility (TIF) is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, smart, curious, very analytical and detail-oriented senior communications and marketing professional to fill a full-time position, starting immediately.
|Job title:||Marketing & Communications Manager/Director|
|Salary:||£60,000/yr · Full-time|
|Responsible for:||See below|
TDi is an advisory firm with an agenda: we aim to show that businesses from production to retail, site to shelf, mine to main street – can create long-term value and make a positive difference in people’s lives. TDi combines business consulting expertise, technical knowledge, value chain focus and our sustainability mission to solve complex problems and deliver durable results for our clients.
We are a co-founder of a highly innovative impact investment vehicle and non-profit organisation – The Impact Facility (TIF) for Sustainable Mineral Supply Chains – that was established to facilitate a flow of risk tolerant patient capital and technical assistance to small-scale miners, community enterprises and SMEs in our clients’ supply chains. The Impact Facility has launched the Fair Cobalt Alliance and the Lake Victoria Gold Programme with brands including Fairphone, Fairtrade, Signify, Tesla, Glencore, Sono Motors and Solidaridad.
Our track record includes working with the world’s biggest companies and most recognisable brands, as well as lesser-known innovators, entrepreneurs and social enterprises. Our projects include building ESG management systems for investors; the design and application of supply chain due diligence tools and procedures; completing project level non-technical risk assessments and provision of subject matter expertise for sustainability audits; the development of commercialisation strategies for green products and services; and convening, managing and facilitating multi-company and cross-sector initiatives.
We are seeking a highly competent marketing and communications professional. You will report to the CEO and work closely with other TDi and TIF senior management and team members.
- Lead the development of a strategy for increasing the awareness of TDi Sustainability and its sister organisation, The Impact Facility, across multiple industry sectors and supply chains. This should include all possible channels from social media, events, direct outreach/engagement to advertising and thought pieces.
- Ensure the strategy for both organisations is tightly linked to business development and co-lead the production and development of marketing materials, working with external providers including printers, copywriters, designers, agencies and developers. This may include video, print, newsletters or digital content (pitch decks, web content, handouts and capability statements).
- Co-ordinating, tracking and following-up on marketing campaigns
- Lead the strategy’s implementation plan weekly.
- Co-ordinate the development and maintenance of company websites, ensuring content is correct, links working etc continuous updating, including facilitating the creation and posting of blogs on websites.
- Oversight of social platforms, managing social media presence.
- Writing short and long form pieces, and proofing and editing the writing of these by staff.
- Coordinating continual outreach to the media.
- Creating and attending events and sourcing opportunities for CEO to attend as keynote speaker at several major events and supporting the team as speakers at wider events.
Everyone who works in our team speaks directly with our clients, which means that good written and verbal communications are a requisite, as well as confidence in dealing with people at different management levels and working in a range of institutional settings such as SMEs, corporations, NGOs and government agencies.
We are a small team, the members of which work remotely and travel frequently. The applicant will need to be happy working autonomously, managing their own time, prioritising work-load, thinking on their feet, and taking the initiative to ask questions and find solutions to problems.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
- Ideally 8 – 10 years’ relevant professional work experience
- Experience in articulating a commercial marcomms strategy at C-suite level
- Experience in running marketing campaigns
- Experience of i.d., creating comms assets
- Proactive, entrepreneurial attitude (show us)
- Skilled in developing pitch decks/presentations.
- Skilled in conceptualising content for marketing materials (for instructing designers)
- Willingness and proven ability to lead proposal writing and to participating in writing proposals
- Knowledge / experience of developing a workplan, working with others in project management
- Experience of Monday.com-type platforms.
- Track record in ‘delivering’ on time.
- Knowledge of WordPress, etc. and ability to make minor, non-structural changes
- Ability to manage external vendors as per implementation plan
- Aptitude for making site really stand out
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and how to maximise views i.e. actual targeted campaigns
- Excellent writing skills with a journalistic flair, having worked with journalists,
- Knowledge of engaging events/webinars to enlist senior team as keynote speakers
- Excellent time management, able to effectively prioritise a full and rapidly evolving workload and deliver to deadlines;
- Language skills: Excellent English-language proficiency essential; Spanish, French and/or Chinese a distinct advantage
What we can offer you:
This is a chance to work with and learn from a very experienced team and to contribute to several fascinating, influential and potentially ground-breaking projects in supply chain risk management, responsible sourcing, and impact investing.
- A contract for between 40 hours per week;
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience;
- Allowance for professional skill development
- MacBook and other equipment relevant for the workspace
- 23 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays, pro rata;
- Diverse, exciting and impactful work;
- Being part of a dynamic and experienced international team passionate about serving its clients to build successful responsible businesses, and committed to corporate sustainability, human rights and social change; and
- Flexible hours and possibility to work remotely
We have offices located near Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK with satellite offices in New York City; Amsterdam, Netherlands, Milan, Africa; Accra, Ghana; Vancouver, Canada; and Malmo, Sweden. We have a policy to accommodate remote, flexible and autonomous working arrangements in return for a commitment to extremely high-quality deliverables, working to fulfil project goals, and consistently meeting deadlines.
Unfortunately, we cannot support work visa applications so you must have permission to work in the country where you intend to work when you apply.
This role is envisaged as a full-time, permanent position.
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your CV, a cover letter, and a writing sample to Hayley Flack at email@example.com with the email subject heading: “Marketing & Communications Manager/Director application”. All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a written assessment exercise, followed by an interview.