Join the Team
TDi Sustainability (TDi) is looking for an enthusiastic, smart, curious, very analytical and detail-oriented individual with an interest in a marketing, communications and business development career to fill a part-time position, starting immediately.
|Job title:||Marketing & Communications Intern|
|Salary:||A starting salary of £20,000.00 pa / pro rata depending on experience and qualifications|
|Reporting to:||Junior Consultant/Intern|
|Responsible for:||See below|
TDi is an advisory firm with an agenda: we aim to show that businesses from production to retail, site to shelf, mine to main street – can create long-term value and make a positive difference in people’s lives. TDi combines business consulting expertise, technical knowledge, value chain focus and our sustainability mission to solve complex problems and develop lasting solutions for our clients.
Our track record includes working with the world’s biggest companies and most recognisable brands, as well as lesser-known innovators, entrepreneurs and social enterprises. Our projects include building ESG management systems for investors; the design and application of supply chain due diligence tools and procedures; completing project level non-technical risk assessments and provision of subject matter expertise for sustainability audits; the development of commercialisation strategies for green products and services; and convening, managing and facilitating multi-company and cross-sector initiatives.
We are a co-founder of a highly innovative impact investment vehicle and non-profit organisation – The Impact Facility for Sustainable Mineral Supply Chains – that was established to facilitate a flow of risk tolerant patient capital and technical assistance to small-scale miners, community enterprises and SMEs in our clients’ supply chains. The Impact Facility has launched the Fair Cobalt Alliance and the Lake Victoria Gold Programme with brands including Fairphone, Fairtrade, Signify, Tesla, Glencore, Sono Motors and Solidaridad.
TDi is seeking a professional interested and experienced in putting into practice their skills and knowledge on communications, marketing and business development and supporting a growing global team of ESG consultants and sustainability practitioners operating globally. You will report to TDi’s marketing and communications lead, and work closely with the CEO, senior management and other TDi team members.
- Leading market research assignments and analyses.
- Identifying donors, private foundations and impact investors for The Impact Facility programmes
- Maintaining a highly structured CRM and customer / donor target database.
- Updating the communications, marketing and business development strategy as it evolves.
- Co-develop presentation and marketing materials.
- Supporting the social media strategy across multiple channels (LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) through writing posts and contributing to on-line chat/conversations.
- Supporting web-page based marketing strategy development and implementation.
Organisational skills and being comfortable with market research methods is important. A love for detail, for getting to the heart of a problem, for data collection, logic and critical reasoning are skills and characteristics that are valued highly in this position.
Strong written and verbal communications are a requisite, as well as confidence in dealing with people at different management levels and working in a range of institutional settings such as SMEs, corporations, NGOs and government agencies.
We are a small team, the members of which work remotely and travel frequently. The applicant will need to be happy working autonomously, managing their own time, prioritising work-load, thinking on their feet, and taking the initiative to ask questions and find solutions to problems.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
- This is a 9-12-month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in a relevant discipline e.g. Business, Marketing, IT Management for Business
- Ability to engage with clients in a clear, professional, and responsive manner
- Comfortable working in a self-directed environment
- Motivated self-starter
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Commercial business acumen
- Ability to work well in a diverse/ virtual team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly when faced with new situations and new people
- Ability to research/analyse information and communicate results/recommendations
- Rigour and attention to detail: appetite for thoroughness, thoughtfulness and precision in all things
- Knowledge of one or more industries preferred. (e.g., mining and mineral industry, electronics, automotive, energy sector, conflict minerals, food and agriculture)
- Language skills: Excellent English-language proficiency essential; Spanish, French and/or Chinese a distinct advantage
- MS Office proficient(PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
What we can offer you:
This is a chance to work with and learn from a very experienced team and to lead and contribute to several fascinating, influential and potentially ground-breaking projects in supply chain risk management, responsible sourcing, and impact investing.
- A contract for 8 to 12 hours per week
- Competitive remuneration, commensurate with experience
- 23 days holiday per annum, pro rata, plus bank holidays
- Diverse, exciting and impactful work
- Being part of a dynamic and experienced international team passionate about serving its clients to build successful responsible businesses, and committed to corporate sustainability, human rights and social change
- Very flexible working hours, working remotely, globally
TDi’s offices are located near Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK with satellite offices in New York City; Amsterdam, Netherlands, Milan, Africa; Accra, Ghana; Vancouver, Canada; and Malmo, Sweden. We have a policy to accommodate remote, flexible and autonomous working arrangements in return for a commitment to extremely high-quality deliverables, working to fulfil project goals, and consistently meeting deadlines.
Unfortunately we cannot support work visa applications so you must have permission to work in the country where you intend to work when you apply.
This role is envisaged as a part-time position.
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your CV, a cover letter and a writing sample to Hayley Flack at email@example.com with the email subject heading: “Communications Junior Consultant / Intern application”. All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a written assessment exercise, followed by an interview.