Join the Team
TDi is an advisory firm with an agenda: we aim to show that businesses from production to retail, site to shelf, mine to main street – can create long-term value and make a positive difference in people’s lives. TDi combines business consulting expertise, technical knowledge, value chain focus and our sustainability mission to solve complex problems and develop lasting solutions for our clients.
|Job title:||Global Project Co-ordinator|
|Salary:||A salary of commensurate with experience and qualifications|
|Reporting to:||Office Manager|
|Responsible for:||No direct reports|
|Work location:||Flexible Europe, UK preferred|
Our track record includes working with the world’s biggest companies and most recognisable brands, as well as lesser-known innovators, entrepreneurs and social enterprises. Our projects include building ESG management systems for investors; the design and application of supply chain due diligence tools and procedures; completing project level non-technical risk assessments and provision of subject matter expertise for sustainability audits; the development of commercialisation strategies for green products and services; and, convening, managing and facilitating multi-company and cross-sector initiatives. We have also launched a new impact investment vehicle and non-profit organisation – The Impact Facility for Sustainable Mining Communities – to facilitate a flow of risk tolerant capital and technical assistance to small-scale miners and community enterprises in our clients’ supply chains. The Impact Facility has launched the Fair Cobalt Alliance and the Lake Victoria Gold Programme with brands including Fairphone, Fairtrade, Signify, Tesla, Glencore, Sono Motors and Solidaridad.
A fantastic opportunity for an internship with a leading sustainability consultancy offering valuable experience in the sustainability sector. This is a critical role in the timely delivery and quality control of the company’s projects across four business lines and multiple countries and a key contributor to client satisfaction. The Co-ordinator will be responsible for the co-ordination of projects, ensuring the delivery of work is timely, monitoring time allocation, keeping senior management informed of programme progress and recommending solutions to any process blockages encountered. They will have exceptional organisational skills, an obsession with detail, ability to mobilise resources and to manage ‘up’ to senior staff members and specialists in a diverse and fast-moving work environment.
- The candidate will have varying levels of involvement in TDi group’s activities and projects across its three business lines: TDi Strategies; TDi Audit and TDi Research;
- Programme and project co-ordination:
- Monitor the overall progress of TDi Audit, Strategies and Research projects via the relevant Project Managers to ensure they deliver on time and within budget and report bi-weekly on progress to Senior Management.
- To create and maintain the global operations/project delivery boards in project management software used by TDi (Monday.com).
- To monitor and analyse team member’s workload and team resource to allow efficient allocation of resources and skills to projects.
- To provide direct support to Project Managers/Consultants taking a role in project delivery when necessary.
- To prepare bi-weekly reports on project status/lesson learned/resource needs based on project plans.
- Establish internal communications and reporting procedures to maintain coordination and team moral with diverse and remotely located team members.
- Work with Project Managers to deliver update reports or updates via other reporting tools.
- To support ongoing communication of TDi projects and progress to the wider team.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
- Excellent English-language proficiency essential; Spanish and/or French a distinct advantage.
- A bachelors degree in a relevant field.
- 3 + years relevant professional work experience; work in a consulting environment or for auditing company is preferred.
- A detailed and thorough approach to working.
- Exceptional influencing and organisational skills.
- Familiarity with project management tools.
- The ability to deliver results through other people.
- Problem solving and ability to work under pressure essential.
- Clear alignment to TDi’s ethos and values.
What we can offer you:
This is a chance to work with and learn from a very experienced team and to contribute to several fascinating, influential and potentially ground-breaking projects in supply chain risk management, responsible sourcing, and impact investing.
- A contract for 30-40 hours per week
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Allowance for professional skill development.
- Macbook and other equipment relevant for the workplace;
- Discretionary bonus;
- 23 days holiday per annum (increasing to 26 over time) plus bank holidays
- Being part of a dynamic and experienced international team passionate about serving its clients to build successful responsible businesses, and committed to corporate sustainability, human rights and social change;
- Very flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely, across Europe.
TDi’s offices are located near Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK with satellite offices in New York City; Johannesburg, South Africa; Milan, Italy; Amsterdam, Netherlands; and Malmo, Sweden. We have a policy to accommodate remote, flexible and autonomous working arrangements in return for a commitment to extremely high-quality deliverables, working to fulfil project goals, and consistently meeting deadlines. Where the candidate is located is less important than their professional ability, commitment, enthusiasm and personal energy.
Unfortunately, we cannot support work visa applications so you must have permission to work in the country where you intend to work when you apply.
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to Hayley Flack at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading: “Global project Co-ordinator”. All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a written assessment, followed by an interview.