Join the Team
TDi Sustainability (TDi) is recruiting an experienced individual for a position as Finance Manager to be responsible for the financial management of the organisation.
|Job title:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||Pay range of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum, pro rata for part time, depending on experience|
|Responsible for:||Financial Management|
|Work location:||Based Stroud/Tetbury, UK (or UK within easy reach of the Head Office)|
TDi is an advisory firm with an agenda: we aim to show that businesses from production to retail, site to shelf, mine to main street – can create long-term value and make a positive difference in people’s lives. TDi combines business consulting expertise, technical knowledge, value chain focus and our sustainability mission to solve complex problems and develop lasting solutions for our clients.
Our track record includes working with the world’s biggest companies and most recognisable brands, as well as lesser-known innovators, entrepreneurs and social enterprises. Our projects include building ESG management systems for investors; the design and application of supply chain due diligence tools and procedures; completing project level non-technical risk assessments and provision of subject matter expertise for sustainability audits; the development of commercialisation strategies for green products and services; and, convening, managing and facilitating multi-company and cross-sector initiatives. We have also launched a new impact investment vehicle and non-profit organisation – The Impact Facility for Sustainable Mining Communities – to facilitate a flow of risk tolerant capital and technical assistance to small-scale miners and community enterprises in our clients’ supply chains. The Impact Facility has launched the Fair Cobalt Alliance and the Lake Victoria Gold Programme with brands including Fairphone, Fairtrade, Signify, Tesla, Glencore, Sono Motors and Solidaridad.
TDi Sustainability (TDi) is recruiting an experienced individual for a position as Finance Manager to be responsible for the financial management of the organisation. An AAT qualified professional, preferably with an international background and strong experience in financial management, interested to work with a dynamic global organisation.
You will be instrumental in the establishment of a sound accounting systems, an understanding of processing multiple currencies, as well as the development and implementation of financial management and monitoring processes. You will report to the Chief Operations Officer, manage our Junior Finance Manager and work with our global team.
- Establish and maintain financial and company records
- Responsible for the financial and cashflow planning and strategy
- Responsible for timely programme invoicing and payables
- Responsible to prepare, analyse and forecast budgets against strategic plans to improve organizational and programme financial viability
- Monitor, analyse and report on financial performance against budget to the COO, programme director, and programme managers
- Responsible to oversee compliance, audit and tax functions, working with external auditors and tax accountants to improve organisational and programme financial integrity
- Manage project budgets by creating and managing trackers designed to track the financial progress of projects
- Responsible to develop and implement accounting policies in cooperation with the COO
- Assist COO on hiring and training of project-specific accounting staff
- Support Business Support Manager financial administration of local operations
- Responsible to manage internal financial controls and compliance to minimise financial risk (including currency risks)
- Leading AML/ KYC processes of proposed partners
- Oversee disbursements and related control systems
- Provide opinions on ‘value received’ for items such as consultancy, design, and MIS elements
- Oversee payroll for employees in various countries
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years’ relevant professional experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, regulatory compliance, and management accounting
- Experience in the sustainability sector is a plus
- English fluency (both written and spoken) a must
- Experience with accounting software required (Xero)
- Educated to Bachelors and AAT qualified
- Excellent (digital) communication and presentation skills
Extremely organised and detailed worker with excellent project and time management skills
Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook).
What we can offer you:
This is a chance to work with and learn from a very experienced team and to contribute to a fascinating, influential, and potentially ground-breaking projects chain risk management, responsible sourcing, and impact investing.
- A contract for 24 hours per week;
- Start date: Oct 2021
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience; Salary range:
- Allowance for professional skill development.
- 23 days holiday per annum (increasing to 26 over time) plus bank holidays
- flexible working hours
- Diverse, exciting, and impactful work collaborating with the charity sector;
- Being part of a dynamic and experienced international team passionate about serving its clients to build successful responsible businesses, and committed to corporate sustainability, human rights and social change.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV (incl. 2 references) and a cover letter to Hayley Flack to email@example.com with email subject heading: “Application: Finance Manager – TDi Sustainability”.
Submission deadline: open ended; applications will be reviewed on a continual basis. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview.